Naturally Savvy put together a list of the seven worst ingredients in food. Our kids are exposed to these nasty ingredients every single day if we are not actively pursuing organic food options or watching our labels. This list goes for us, too. Kids and adults alike are negatively impacted by these 7 toxic chemicals. Knowing the truth behind this list begs the question: Why would any of us continue to eat this crap? (Yes, I just wrote crap. Read up here, that’s exactly what this list is made of).
Read your labels and AVOID THESE!
High-Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS)
- Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)
- Partially Hydrogenated Oils (trans fats)
- Artificial Colors (Blue 2, Red 40, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, pretty much anything with a color and a number)
- Artificial Sweeteners (including acesulfame potassium, or Ace-K; sucralose [Splenda], and aspartame)
- Artificial Flavors
- Preservatives (including: sodium benzoate, sulphites (sulphur dioxide), polysorbate 60, 65 or 80, nitrites, nitrates, TBHQ, and BHT/BHA).
More reading: Candy Coated Chemical Additives
Next up: Picky Eating